What is measles?
What are the symptoms of measles?
How is measles diagnosed?
What is the treatment for measles?
How serious is measles?
- Children less than 5 years old
- Adults over age 20
- Pregnant women
- People with compromised immune systems, including people undergoing chemotherapy, those diagnosed with leukemia, people with HIV infection and those with a chronic illness.
What happens if I am exposed to someone with measles?
Do I need the measles vaccines?
- vaccinated before their first birthday,
- vaccinated with killed measles vaccine (KMV),
- vaccinated with KMV followed by live vaccine less than 4 months after the last dose of KMV,
- vaccinated before 1968 with an unknown type of vaccine (the vaccine may have been KMV), or
- vaccinated with IG in addition to a further attenuated strain or vaccine of unknown type. (Revaccination is not necessary if IG was given with Edmonston B vaccine).