- Training on advocacy skills, special education, and disability law and policies
- Private advocacy representation
- Parent coaching
- Presentations on the benefits of advocacy and on the effective use of advocacy for groups and conferences.
All our services are confidential.
PRACTICAL ADVOCACY SKILLS WORKSHOP
- Advocacy basics
- How to apply advocacy skills in letters, meetings and phone calls
- The legal basis for your child's rights
- Government policies which effect your child's rights
- About Individual Education Plans
- How to find information relevant to issues affecting your child
SPECIAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY LAW
This workshop provides you with an in-depth review of law and policies affecting people with special needs and disabilities in Ireland.
SPECIAL EDUCATION: THE RULES OF THE GAME
In this workshop, you will learn what the educational system should do for your child with special educational needs including IEPs, accommodations and differentiation.
IN THE BEGINNING...
This workshop is aimed at parents with children who have recently been diagnosed with special educational needs or a disability. It provides parents with the information they need to know to ensure their children's needs are met.
BESPOKE GROUP TRAINING
If your group wants to be empowered and make sure their voices are heard, contact us and we will design and deliver training to meet the needs of your group or organization.
If you would prefer personal advocacy training, we can provide one to one training tailored to meet the needs of you and your child.
- Acting as an intermediary between a parent and his child's school or medical provider
- Drafting letters to schools, government departments and medical providers
- Attending and facilitating meetings between parents and school personnel
- Assisting with applications for entitlements and appeals
- Review of individual education plans
- Advice on individual education plans
- Providing advice and support on the particular issue affecting you and/or your child